SAVE THE DATE:
36th Annual PSEKA Cyprus Conference
to be held June 9-11, 2020
in Washington, DC
(L-R) Philip Christopher, former Chairwoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL), Ranking Member Bob Menendez (D-NJ) and Andy Manatos
WASHINGTON, DC, January 30, 2020 — We are pleased to announce that the 36th Annual PSEKA Cyprus Conference will take place June 9-11, 2020 in Washington, DC.
Last year, over 50 top US policymakers from the US Congress and Trump Administration met with national Greek-American leaders at the 35th Annual PSEKA Cyprus and Hellenic Leadership Conference. Conference participants will again be meeting with top-level Congressional and administration officials who formulate U.S. policy toward Cyprus, Greece and Turkey.
(L-R) Mike Manatos, Presidential Commissioner Photis Photiou, Chairman Eliot Engel, Ambassador Marios Lysiotis and Andy Manatos
This conference was hosted last year by the International Coordinating Committee — Justice for Cyprus (PSEKA), the Hellenic American Leadership Council (HALC), the Coordinated Effort of Hellenes (CEH), the American Jewish Committee (AJC), the Federation of Cypriot American Organizations (FCAO), the American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA), the American Hellenic Institute (AHI) and the Cyprus US Chamber of Commerce.
(L-R) Andreas Papaevripides, Kyriakos Papastylianou, Savas Tsivicos, Nick Larigakis, Philip Christopher, Chairwoman Nita Lowey, Dennis Mehiel, Andy Manatos and Colonel Nick Vamavakias
In order to participate in this important conference, please:
1. Fill out and submit the electronic registration form – https://forms.gle/1na2FPWHvAHQFn9M9
2. Mail in your payment (details on registration form) to finalize your registration
Checks should be made out to “PSEKA Cyprus Conference” and mailed to PSEKA Cyprus Conference, 1100 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20037. Please indicate registrant name(s) in memo field.
3. Reserve one of the reduced-rate hotel rooms at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington D.C. (1150 22nd St. NW, Washington, DC 20037). Please call the hotel at 202-835-0500 and ask for the “PSEKA Cyprus Conference” room block.
Please contact Sophia Cotzia at PsekaUSA@aol.com or 718-545-7202 with any questions regarding hotel reservations. Please contact Elizabeth Fagan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-393-7790 with any questions regarding registration.
Please note conference registration closes on Friday, June 5.
At last year’s PSEKA Cyprus Conference, a remarkable 41 US Senators and Members of Congress met with conference participants, equally as important was the powerful positions they hold in the US Congress. They included:
In the US House of Representatives:
- Chairman, House Foreign Affairs Committee, Congressman Eliot Engel (D-NY)
- Chairwoman, House Appropriations Committee, Congresswoman Nita Lowey (D-NY)
- Chairman, House Energy Committee, Congressman Frank Pallone (D-NJ)
- Chairman, House Middle East Subcommittee, Congressman Ted Deutch (D-FL)
- Chairwoman, House Foreign Operations Appropriations Subc., Congresswoman Lowey
- Chairman, House Judiciary Committee, Congressman Jerry Nadler (D-NY)
- Chairman, House Intelligence Committee, Congressman Adam Schiff (D-CA)
- Chairman, House Western Hemisphere Subcommittee, Congressman Albio Sires (D-NJ)
- Chairman, House Veterans Affairs Oversight Subc., Congressman Chris Pappas (D-NH)
- Chairman, House Homeland Emergency Response Subc., Congressman Donald Payne (D-NJ)
- Ranking Member, House Global Human Rights Subc., Congressman Chris Smith (R-NJ)
- Ranking Member, House Foreign Affairs Oversight Subc., Congressman Lee Zeldin (R-NY)
- Ranking Member, House Transportation Approps Subc., Congressman Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL)
- Co-Founder and Co-Chair, Congressional Hellenic Israeli Alliance (CHIA) / Co-Chair, Hellenic Caucus, Congressman Gus Bilirakis (R-FL)
- Co-Founder and Co-Chair, Hellenic Caucus, Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney (D-NY)
- Candidate for President of the Untied States, Congressman Tim Ryan (D-OH)
- Members of the Leadership of the US House of Representatives, Congressmen David Cicilline (D-RI) and Jamie Raskin (D-MD)
- All three authors of the House East Med Act (H.R. 2913)
- Numerous Members – both Republicans and Democrats – from the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Appropriations Committee, Armed Services Committee, Energy Committee, among others
In the US Senate:
- Ranking Member, Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ)
- Ranking Member, Senate Armed Services Committee, Senator Jack Reed (D-RI)
- Ranking Member, Senate Homeland Security Committee, Senator Gary Peters (D-MI)
- Candidate for President of the United States, Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA)
- Senate Foreign Operations Appropriations Subcommittee Members, Senators Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), Chis Murphy (D-CT) and Chris Coons (D-DE)
- Senate Foreign Relations Committee Members Ed Markey (D-MA), Murphy and Coons
- Senate Armed Services Committee Members Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) and Peters