Washington, DC, May 29, 2020 – The Washington, DC chapter of the National Hellenic Society (NHS) is excited to announce the Fifth Annual NHS Heritage America Program in collaboration with Manatos & Manatos, a leading public policy firm. This year, the unique program will take place VIRTUALLY from July 8-10, 2020 with leading Washington, DC-based policymakers and community leaders. Heritage America reconnects college-age Greek-American students with their roots, heritage, culture and Hellenic identity. The NHS underwrites all program expenses.
Students participating in this exciting educational program will meet virtually with Greek-Americans who have reached the pinnacle of success in America, including:
- The highest-ranking Greek-Americans in the US Government
- Younger Greek-American government officials
- Former high-ranking Greek-American government officials
- Prominent national businessmen
- Owners of DC area professional sports teams
- Prominent lobbyists and lawyers
- Prominent on-air news personalities and editors
- Enrolled undergraduate college student of Greek-American descent*
- Age 18-26
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
*Greek-American descent is defined as having one or more parents, grandparents or great-grandparents born in Greece.
Because this year’s program will be online, we expect to accept up to 50 students this year.
How to Apply:
For more information about Heritage America and to apply, please click here.
Application materials must be received by Friday, June 19, 2020 for consideration. Kindly contact EFagan@Manatos.com with any questions. Good luck!